+ TOP THINGS OTHER PEOPLE DID IN 2008
Canadian Rifle - HEALTH EP. I don't know if this came out in 2007 or something, but I didn't hear it 'til 2008.
Screaming Females live. I think I saw them like 25 times.
On that note, Marissa Paternoster's artwork, over + over again.
Layla Gibbon's MRR columns.
POSTERS, ARTWORK + TATTOOS by No Guts No Glory. Especially the "MOM, I'M GONNA BE A METALHEAD FOREVER!" print, which is hanging in my living room.
The Ergs! last shows. Plus "Anthem for a New Amanda"
Hunchback + Screaming Females - split 7". So into these Neil Young covers.
Teenage Cool Kids - cassette w/ Queer Salutations CD + Remember Me as a Silhouette 7"
P.S. Eliot! Sweetest girls and seriously, you are missing out if you are not paying attention to this band. They just keep getting better.
I also listened to that dog.'s Retreat from the Sun over and over and over again, but that came out in 1997. And lots of Government Warning.
+ TOP THINGS IN MY WORLD 2008
1. FOR THE BIRDS: FEMINIST COLLECTIVE + DISTRO (and all the ladies that make it possible)
3. Going to San Francisco + seeing Pinhead Gunpowder
4. Touring with Screaming Females [Cheeky]
5. Playing with Tobi Vail & Molly Neuman's new bands [Carnal Knowledge]
6. Playing for a bunch of little grrls at Willie Mae Rock Camp for Girls [Carnal Knowledge]
7. Playing at The Fest [Cheeky]
8. My first and second vinyl releases ever. Both with Cheeky.
9. Playing with Dillinger Four [Carnal Knowledge]
10. Releasing The Big She-Bang! compilation
11. Christine visiting from Tucson (in August and now!)
12. Greenpoint, my new neighborhood
14. Writing + drawing so much more than in 2007
15. Christmas at my folks' house
16. Burnasaurus. For many reasons, including really good friends being in town to ring in the new year, and old friend surprises, and new beginnings!
17. Brian Schleyer
18. The adventures of Apartment #4S -- an epic year [Sept. 2007 - Sept. 2008]. This includes any and all ragers, roof hang outs, rollerskating and/or skateboarding events, and cuddle sessions on the giant couch. And cooking with Kate.
19. Cheekend II with Tin Kitchen + Screaming Females
20. "Eviction Party" show -- Bad Dates, Each Other's Mothers, and Cheeky at McKibbin.
To a happy and healthy 2009!
MUCH LOVE / KW